I see myself as a curious person interested in a lot of things. Above all, I love all about writing, videogames, volunteering, and lately on how to live more with less.
I usually write on Medium, and update my timeline at Polywork. On DeviantArt, I share some of my hobbies including drawing and photography. I’m also on Goodreads. Seldom, I play chess. You can find me around the web @inesreisx and on Duolingo - let’s follow each other and keep ourselves accountable!
Originally from Portugal, I have lived and worked in Manchester, England for 4 years, and in Amsterdam, The Netherlands for 2 years. As a native Portuguese speaker, I can understand Spanish, and a bit of French and Italian. I can also read and understand a bit of Dutch. Currently, I'm learning German.
I'm a huge dreamer. For now, my biggest dreams include volunteering at Eurovision, make it to The New York Times (still no idea how), and become as minimal as I can. Later on, I'd love to visit Australia and South Korea, become fluent in 4 languages, and have a big family.
Random Facts about me
- I was born in 1997 under the sign of Capricorn. (☉ Capricorn ☾ Pisces ↑ Sagittarius)
- I don’t drink coffee nor beer nor alcohol because I don’t like the taste. I love hot chocolate and natural juices instead, and most recently I’m learning to appreciate wine.
- I’m a slow eater. Please bear with me if we ever go out.
- I didn’t have social media until I was 19.
- I’m (or was) a night owl most recently turned into an early bird.
- I love volunteering. It’s great to get out of your comfort zone, help, and meet new people.
- To my benefit or my demise, I praise for transparency.
- When little, my sister and I had a hamster and two baby tortoises.
- I’m a 100% long-term vision enthusiast both towards personal and business development.
- I love writing and researching.
- I love writing letters and meet new people on Slowly (such an awesome app).
- I’m an overexplainer and prolix. WIP!
- I have an aquiline nose and I think they’re beautiful.
- I still get confused with “in” and “on” in English.
- I believe in aliens and in the existence of other forms of life.
- I love Eurovision and make my friends watch it every year (now they’re big fans too).
- I listen to all music except metal. I’m mostly drawn to reggae, rap, and Brazilian pop.
- Even though I was born in Portugal, most of my friends are Brazilian.
- Because of living abroad, I don’t have a strong native Portuguese accent anymore.
- I don’t consider myself a hardcore gamer but I enjoy gaming.
- I often use too many exclamation points. Even at work.
- My favorite movie is “The Count of Monte Cristo”.
- I still own a Tamagotchi.
- I don’t drive nor plan to have a car.
- I started as an android user but switched to iOs in 2022.